Since the 1st January 2017, the Austrian minimum wage as well as the EU posting directive apply to cross-border traffic in Austria. Only transit traffic is exempt from the regulation.
The Austrian authorities have confirmed the following:
- All journeys must to be notified on the multi-lingual portal here
- All loading/unloading points must be recorded in this notification.
- No Austrian representative is required.
Drivers must carry the following documents:
- Notification of employee posting to Austria document (copy of the registration made in Austrian registration web, above)
- Employment contract (translated into English or German)
- Payslips (translated into German)
- Proof of wage payment or bank transfer slips (translated into German)
- A1 documents concerning registration for social security (translated into German)
- Confirmation of payment of the Austrian minimum wage at the time of secondment (currently there is still no mandatory document for this confirmation).
Documents can be stored electronically (including on a tablet). The driver must be able to show these to the authorities during a control. The company is not permitted to send this documentation to the authorities during a control, it must come from the driver.
If a driver is regularly loading at the same address a notification can be created for a maximum of 3 months.